Candidates for this exam should have foundational knowledge of cloud
services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure. The
exam is intended for candidates who are just beginning to work with
cloud-based solutions and services or are new to Azure.
Azure Fundamentals exam is an opportunity to prove knowledge of cloud
concepts, Azure services, Azure workloads, security and privacy in
Azure, as well as Azure pricing and support. Candidates should be
familiar with the general technology concepts, including concepts of
networking, storage, compute, application support, and application
Azure Fundamentals can be used to prepare for other Azure role-based or
specialty certifications, but it is not a prerequisite for any of them.
- Describe cloud concepts (20-25%)
- Describe core Azure services (15-20%)
- Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure (10-15%)
- Describe general security and network security features (10-15%)
- Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features
- Describe Azure cost management and Service Level Agreements
This exam measures your ability to describe the following concepts:
cloud concepts; core Azure services; core solutions and management
tools on Azure; general security and network security features;
identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features; and Azure
cost management and Service Level Agreements.